Dental Implants & Periodontal Health of Rochester is the best tooth surgery practice in Rochester. We offer not just top-of-the-line Oral Surgery Services; we also have the best Oral Surgeon in Rochester, NY. Our dental services are second-to-none and perfect. Oral surgery in Rochester, NY, changed face at our facility as we’re not only concerned about our clients’ dental health, we’re also concerned about their general health. We remain unbeaten from the family-friendly relationship with both doctors and staff to ease patients’ discomfort after surgery.
Why Remove Your Teeth?
Teeth removal is not just a fashion statement as considered by many; it also deals with healthiness. Excessive tooth decay, tooth infection, and crowding can also require tooth surgery. Healthy mouths give room for more growth and development of the human body as the mouth is the gateway to our heart.
At Dental Implants & Periodontal Health of Rochester, tooth surgery is performed by a competent oral surgeon. Our Rochester Oral surgeons are professional, fast, friendly, and compassionate. They are principal officials of dental health care.
How Do You Prepare For A Tooth Surgery?
We want to ensure that your medical health condition is stable before you go through tooth surgery to avoid any mishaps, so the following never get overlooked;
- The first step is getting your tooth x-ray.
- Getting your medical records taken, and this medical record includes whatever medications you take and vitamins and supplements, heart defects, diabetes, liver disease, renal-Adrenal disease, an impaired immune system, and a history of bacterial endocarditis.
- Body conditions like cold, nausea.
Procedures For Tooth Surgery
We offer tooth surgery in Rochester based on our clients’ needs. Your tooth surgery will either be simple or surgical, depending on whether the teeth are visible or impacted.
Simple Extraction: This service is assisted with a local anesthetic that numbs the area around your tooth so you’ll only feel pressure, not pain, during the procedure. An instrument called an elevator is then employed to loosen the tooth and forceps it before removing it.
Surgical Extraction: Depending on your medical condition and surgery needs, local and intravenous anesthesia is likely used. You may also receive general anesthesia; it all depends on your medical history. A little incision will be made into your gum; this will give room around your tooth as they may need to remove a bone before extracting your tooth.
Are There Any Risks Associated With Tooth Removal?
There are a few discomfits accompanying tooth surgery, but you can be sure the advantages outweigh the disadvantages if recommended. We advise that you contact Dental Implants and Periodontal Health of Rochester in these instances. A few of the risks to be concerned about are;
- Blood clot formation in the socket (the hole formerly housing the removed tooth)
- Severe fever and chills, implying an infection is setting in
- Short breath, chest pain
- Swelling and redness of the surgery area
Recovery Procedure – What To Do?
A few days’ rests become necessary, followed by the following recovery steps;
- Apply ice to your check directly after the procedure to reduce swelling
- Bite down with a bit more pressure on the gauze pad placed over the surgical area to reduce bleeding and aid clot formation
- Take prescribed medicine only (painkillers and antibiotics)
- Avoid the use of straw for at least 24 hours
- Avoid smoking
- Prop your head up with a pillow when you lie down
- Eat soft foods
- Use salty warm water to rinse out your mouth after 24 hours
If you desire that perfect row of pain-free shinning-white teeth, Dental Implants and Periodontal Health of Rochester is your best bet, so why don’t you contact us to enjoy pain-free dental health. We monitor and follow up with our clients, right from the point of registration until after surgery, to help them get the perfect dental health they desire. You can contact us today at 585.534.3346 or visit our website at dentalimplantsroc.com. We look forward to seeing you!
Suite 510 Rochester NY 14618